GRI Standards Certified Training Programme on Non-financial/ Sustainability Reporting
29-30 October 2018 (Romanian/ English)/ 26-27 November 2018 (Romanian/ English)
The training is delivered by two GRI nominated trainers, both having significant experience in the utilisation of consecutive GRI and other sustainability reporting frameworks.
The fee for early payments applies under the terms detailed below.
Maximum number of seats: 12
GRI Standards can be used in the non-financial/ sustainability reporting process regardless of whether the entities are subject to the EU Directive 95/ 2014 or they are willing to report voluntarily.
CSR BootIQ is the first GRI licensed training provider to run certified courses in Romania. The license was obtained in 2015 and is renewed annually.
Our company organized only certified training courses on GRI Standards (the 100, 200, 300 and 400 series), which were adopted in October 2016 and officially entered into circulation on 1st of July 2018. The first sustainability report in Romania developed in accordance with GRI Standards was developed with one of our consultants’ support and can be accessed here.
GRI is the most widely used sustainability reporting framework. It helps companies to improve the business processes by using best management practices and key performance indicators, to report transparently on the social, economic and environmental performance and monitor progress.
The training programme is designed especially for managers interested in improving business processes, representatives of organisations regardless of its type (public, private, NGOs) willing to position themselves as responsible employer and strategic thinkers, as well as professionals in areas such as sustainability, corporate responsibility, human resources, health & safety, environment, technology, strategic communications. Additional attendees are report users (NGO representatives, financial analysts, government officials, members of Executive Boards, media, companies willing to establish a business relationship with multinational companies).
After successfully completing the training course, participants will receive:
- an internationally recognized certificate issued by GRI (electronic)
- GRI Standards brochure (hard copy) useful for those willing to sit in the GRI Standards exam
- course slides (hard copy)
- GRI Standards 100, 200, 300 and 400 series (.pdf files) – hard copies are provided only for in-class activities;
- GRI Content Index Tool (.xls file), and relevant sustainability reports (.pdf files) – hard copies of sustainability reports are provided only for in-class activities.
Topics covered by our Bucharest GRI Standards Certified Training Programme:
Part I – Introduction and background
- Sustainable development
- Sustainability Reporting and GRI
Part II – Overview of the GRI Standards
- Introduction to GRI Standards
- How to use the GRI Standards
- Other standards and frameworks
Part III – GRI Standards
- Universal standards (GRI 101, GRI 102, GRI 103)
- Topic-specific standards
Part IV – Start your reporting process using the GRI Standards
- Applying the Reporting Principles
- Reporting general disclosures
- Identifying material topics and boundaries
- Reporting material topics
- Reporting In accordance
- Presenting and compiling information
Part V – Additional resources
- GRI Support Suite
- Useful resources
Cristina Balan, Partner – Sustainability: vision, strategy & reporting, is a licensed trainer and a GRI Nominated Trainer and is the first Romanian specialist (and the sixth in the world) to have successfully passed the GRI Exam. She has a strong experience in sustainability reporting based on GRI Standards, SDGs and UN Global Compact principles, in stakeholder engagement processes and in materiality analysis. She provided consultancy for non-financial/ sustainability reports in accordance to GRI 3.1 and GRI G4 as well as for the first report published in Romania in accordance to the GRI Standards. She is experienced in the following areas: pharma, IT, telecom, retail, FMCG and energy. Cristina is an active participant in the GRI Standards pioneer programme.
Stela Serghiuta, Senior Partner, is a licensed trainer and a GRI Nominated Trainer.. She was the second Romanian specialist to successfully pass the GRI Exam and is an active participant in the GRI Standards pioneers’ programme. She has expertise in impact analysis and social audit based on SROI methodology, and in stakeholder engagement processes. She conducted hundreds of hours of training in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, the Republic of Moldova, Romania, Turkmenistan and Yemen.
The fees for both Certified GRI Standards course + CDP are available here.
They include: training materials (printed copy of the slides and the participant’s booklet), access to the case studies (reports) and GRI Standards (hard-copy) to be used in the classroom, two coffee breaks and lunch breaks per day.
For details regarding the fee for the GRI Standards training only, group discount (minimum three people from the same organization) and registration, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The fee includes:
- 16 hours of training and training materials;
- certificate of attendance issued by GRI for full and active participation;
- case studies (local and international) and lectures conducted by experienced reporters.
- a unique experience and access to specialists with rich experience in non-financial/ sustainability reporting;
- coffee and lunch breaks;
- the invitation to become a member of the CSR BootIQ non-financial/ sustainability reporting practitioner community;
- invitations to exclusive events organised by CSR BootIQ for non-financial/ sustainability reporting practitioners community.
- additional discounts for other training courses organised by CSR BootIQ.
CSR BootIQ is registered at the National Supervising Authority for Personal Data Processing http://www.dataprotection.ro as of 2015 (notification number: 36970)